Vélo Bleu is the bicycle hire service in Nice, which just like Vélib in Paris or Barclays Cycle Hire in London, is a community bike rental scheme. Alongside offering low cost bike rental, the city of Nice has made sure there plenty of new cycle safe routes, with more to come.
- 90 stations across the city of Nice
- 900 bikes available
- 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours day
- Two types of access possible – by contactless card (Vélo Bleu or Ligne d’Azur smartcard ) or your mobile phone
- Four registration periods – 1 year, 1 month, 1 week or 1 day
- Reduced rate for a 1-year registration for Ligne d’Azur annual season ticket-holders
- Half an hour free for each rental
Later on this will be 175 stations with 1750 bikes and 125 km of cycle paths!
How it works
Vélo bleu is a self-service bike hire service available 24 hours a day, all year round. Take a bike from any of the 90 stations around Nice and return it where you like. During your period of registration you are entitled to an unlimited number of rentals and for each location, the first half hour is free.
Where are the bike rental stations?There are 90 Vélo Bleu bike hire stations scattered all across Nice, and stretch as far west along the coast as Saint-Laurent-du-Var and Cagnes-sur-Mer.
Who can use the bikes?
To use the service you must be between 1.45 m and 1.95 m and weigh less than 120 kg. The minimum age is 14 years old. Minors who use the bicycles are the responsibility of their parents. Only one person can use a bike at any time, no passengers are allowed!
When can I rent a bike?
You can hire a bike all year round, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Bike hire prices:
- Free for the first 30 minutes!
- €1 for a day
- €5 for a week
- €10 for a month
- €25 for a year